Come join 100 of your closest alumni friends as we sail down the Potomac and embrace sunset and the nighttime glow of the Kennedy Center, monuments, and everything in between. On June 3rd, the UVa Club of DC will take over a stylish double-decker boat with an open sky dance floor and indoor lounge for a river cruise!
Kick the night off with a happy hour on the Georgetown Waterfront at Tony & Joe’s starting from 6:00pm and join us to embark just after 8:00pm. Once on board, a DJ will get the night started and you can sample a $5 Wahoo Punch at a fully-stocked cash bar.
- Date: June 3, 2016
- Time: 8:15 – 11:30 pm
- Casual happy hour in Georgetown starting at 6:00pm at Tony & Joe’s
- 3000 K St NW, Washington, DC 20007
- Cost: $20 (members), $25 (non-members)
- Via taxi/Uber/Lyft: Travel to Georgetown Waterfront. The boat will board from Nick’s Riverside Grill!
- Via Metro: From Foggy Bottom (???) and Farragut North (?), take the Circulator bus toward Georgeown, exiting at the 31st Street stop.
- By car: There is plentiful parking in Georgetown, though meters are scarce on weekends, so you’ll need to enter a pay-garage.
- GPS: Plug in 3100 K St. NW, Washington, DC 20007).
Monday, June 27th, 2016 @ 7:00 pm
Location: Silver Diner
3200 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22201
Metro: Clarendon (Orange Line)
Life After Life
by Kate Atkinson
” What if you could live again and again, until you got it right?
On a cold and snowy night in 1910, Ursula Todd is born, the third child of a wealthy English banker and his wife. She dies before she can draw her first breath. On that same cold and snowy night, Ursula Todd is born, lets out a lusty wail, and embarks upon a life that will be, to say the least, unusual. For as she grows, she also dies, repeatedly, in any number of ways. Ursula’s world is in turmoil, facing the unspeakable evil of the two greatest wars in history. What power and force can one woman exert over the fate of civilization — if only she has the chance?
Wildly inventive, darkly comic, startlingly poignant — this is Kate Atkinson at her absolute best.”- Amazon editor
Please email Simay at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.