The UVaClub of Washington, DC is a volunteer led group dedicated to engaging alumni, parents and friends of the University. Whether you are interested in working with students, planning community service, educational opportunities, or social events, there are many ways to get involved with the club. With over 40,000 alumni and parents in the DC region we are always looking for U.Va. alumni, parents or friends to join our Board.
The club has the following vacancies for the 2015-2016 Term:
- Vice President (2)
- Schools Co-Chair
- Social Chair (2)
(Applications for the Board are open from April 1, 2015 to April 27, 2015. The 2015-2016 term begins May 25, 2015)
For questions regarding the application process or committee specific information, please email Tamira Roberson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, April 30, 2015
5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
U.Va. Northern Virginia Center
7054 Haycock Rd, Falls Church, VA 22043
Metro: West Falls Church (Orange)
Are you a graduate, friend or parent of the University of Virginia, looking for a new career?
Are you interested in participating in sessions on career planning hosted by U.Va. Alumni Career Services and the U.Va. Northern Virginia Center?
The Alumni Career Fair has traditionally drawn companies from across the Washington Metro area seeking U.Va. alumni for open positions. Take advantage of this opportunity to grow or change your career.
Additional Opportunities to Advance your Career at the Fair
Career ‘Pivot’ Sessions
Considering a new career field, looking for advancement in your current field or do you need a class to feel more rounded. U.Va.’s School of Continuing & Professional Studies and the Curry School of Education, along with Alumni Career Services will present brief information sessions throughout the evening.
Take 15 minutes at the Career Fair and learn about careers in the below Programs and ask questions of the Program Directors, current, and former students.
- Certified Financial Planning
- Curry School of Education – Off Grounds Programs
- Cybersecurity Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Procurement & Contracts Management
- Project Management
- Public Administration
UVa’s School of Continuing & Professional Studies is celebrating 100 years of service to the non-traditional and adult learning community.
UVaClub of Washington Networking Groups
Meet the UVaClub of Washington Networking Committee and learn more about our networking groups at the Career Fair. Consider joining a UVaClub of Washington Networking Group email list to learn about industry networking events throughout the year.
1. Recommended–travel by Metrorail: Take the Orange Line to the West Falls Church Station. Walk approximately 300 yards from the Metro lobby, across the parking lot and past the parking deck. For route and fare information, visit www.wmata.com We are a 4 story brick building clearly marked. You should walk in right from Falls Church Road.
2. If you are driving we recommend parking in the Metro lot or parking Deck. The U.Va. Northern Virginia Center, located at 7054 Haycock Road, Falls Church, VA 22043, is easily accessible from I-495, I-66, Route 7, and is adjacent to the West Falls Church Metro (orange line). The small campus is shared with VA Tech. You’ll see signs for both. You enter on the 2nd floor.
3. If the Metro lot is full and you have cash ($4.85) you can park in the University lot (space is limited). When you turn onto the Metro access road off Haycock (sometimes shown as Falls Church Drive on GPS systems), the first left is short-term and restricted parking. Please continue to the next left which will say Metro and University parking.
Learn More about Alumni Career Services (hosted by the Alumni Career Services):
- Alumni Career Services
- Friday Forum Webinars
- Webinar Library
- iTunesU – Friday Forum Webinars
- YouTube – Friday Forum Webinar clips
- LinkedIn: University of Virginia Career Network Community